Kiasi aka Kiasi-ism

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Victory

I can still recall how and why I won the Maths Competition which was held 2 years ago in SMK jalan Bukit, Kajang. I was called Mr 28 at that time due to my high agility in solving maths equations. I was able to do 50 PMR questions (that time Form 3 only mah) in 28 minutes, and scored the highest in the class. No calculator needed, no need to do calculation, everything was calcualted in my mind. Everyone was amazed with a student who can do so well and fast in Maths withou joining any arithmatic course , and thus they called me to join the Mathematic Competition. I was not only the one. they did call a Malay girl to participate with me.

The moment was unprepared. I didn't go for any 'special' training at that moment. I kept telling myself, "Lose, lose lah! I got nothing to lose." while the Malay girl kept telling me, "Eiyer... if lose already then how ah? I want to win! I want to win!" You see? She kept thinking of winning the game and she can't afford a lose. And so, she was nervous during the competition. This is the main factor where if you think you can, you CANNOT. Don't stress yourself to much in any competition. Result is not the matter, but the efforts we make.

Yes, in fact, we won. We got the third placing for our school team. I managed to get the runners-up for the individual participant. And she, got no placing, upper-5. That's the problem where every contestant faces in his/her very first match.

But here's the problem. People highly worshipped me. Asking me all the tough Maths question. I'm just a Maths King!!! Yet, I really gain nothing.

I always think I'm the cleverest. But yet, I've found there are many who can challenge my mind. There are many who know how to cross the 'bridge' and demolish it. I soon realized, I'm actually quite stupid, being used and used and used by those 'geniuses'.

I soon slacked in my Maths and Physic during middle of my Form 4., but still can manage to get A1 for both of them. Cross the boder line enough loh. I don't want to be a 'bridge' anymore. I want to get threatment like what my friends got. I want to be fair, yet I know I can't.

Later, a boy in my class higly brusehd up his skills. I think he wants to challenge me lah. Being a master in Add Maths, Maths and also Physics. Now he got his year. He has man friends now, which most of them threat him well just to take some tips from him. And he gave them all by teaching them the shortcuts and right way. I was satisfied and being praised to be neglected. I turned to become a clever person liao!!! they don't korek those tips from me. They trust this 'dear friend' as their 'savior'. At least, I turned to a clever boy at last.

Few weks ago, just before the holiday, this boy, my dear, he scored 99% in his Add Maths. Wahlau!!! In fact, the Add Maths teacher secretly told us, "This boy in fact got 100% wan. But I can't let him get 100%. So I changed my answer scheme to make him looks 'imperfect'." My dear, holy, he got 100% actually!!! Everyone doesn't believe him. But anyway, Only 3 people scored A1 in their Add Maths, he is the one of them, I'm also the one of them and the Malay Girl is also one of them. The Malay Girl and me has the same marks, which are both 76% (border line enough liao loh!) So the teacher called me and the boy up for the Add Maths competition for this year. WE are the host of the competition. The competition was held in our school.

I was fed up being a chimp champ. I told the teacher that I've no interest and I find meaningless with the competition. I actually felt disappointed with it. Therefor, the teacher got no choice, but to select the Malay Girl. I thought everything was fine without my participation.

This morning, she told the teacher that she was afraid of the competition. She fears that she can't win this time and will be thrown eggs by us. And the teacher pulak, registered by putting the boy and my name. How can like that wan? I didn't prepare at all!!! But anyway, I was forced to participate by the teacher.

This time, the boy pulak told me, "I want to win this competition for sure!!!"With his confident and also over-confident, I have to trust him. I've told him, "Never mind wan. It's just a competition. We got nothing to lose. In fact, this competition means meaningless to me." He didn't trust me this time and we entered the competition arena together.

The competition went like this: 30 questions in 1 hour. No calculator.Tthe standard was very high, almost Olympiad standard. By the last 5 minutes, we just got to tembak-ed all the un-known questions.

We left the hall. He looked happy. I think he is full of confidence that he will win. He tried to show off every question and solution to me. Although my answer written was different with him, but he put every confidence of him in his answer. Maybe he just wanted a victory gua.

Yes, he won this time too. We got the second placing for our school team, below SMK Yu Hua. He was so happy at that moment. During the 'Best-Contestant-Award', I was despaired. I thought since he can beat me flat in Add Maths, I think the award will goes to him or Yu Hua-ian. But "thousand-thousand-also-cannot-think", I got the best!!! No joke!!! I got the best!!! I was surprised!!! I can defeat my school's 'Add Maths King'. He was upset, I know this.

Therefor, don't be overconfident with your decisions or choices or thoughts. Everthing goes in opposite direction. I didn't practise for this time, I didn't prepare well, I didn't sleep well, I did my blog until 1.00 a.m. this morning. But yet, I still win with my unexpectation. *kembang* OK, this paragraph, or should say this post is for my syiok sendiri post. Just neglect it.

But back to the history, I expected they will rush to me and ask me for the Add Maths solutions. Haihz... people, are really people.

23 Comments:

  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Young Brat said…

    wow..congrats ar...

    wah..nex time good ar..wen i cant figure any calculation,i'll jus send it to u..

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger Msau said…

    u go to Si Kembang liao meh? y sooooo kembang wann? hahaa

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Anonymous JacKing said…

    Well done and congrats. Likedatmah...diam-diam berisi, tin kosong buat apa... semakin berisi semakin bertunduk...Alhamdudilah.

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Joez said…

    Congrats to U ! I suck at Maths...numbers give me headache, I prefer to write a 10,000 words report instead :P

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Milly said…

    wel....rupa rupa my kiasi got potential 1 wor...this is y i always praise my mango been a clever guy...hmm..!! well done guy!

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger CLF said…

    Dude, next time better dont stay at SRI KEMBANGAN!! Else you'll kembang 'til explode!! XD

    Anyway still wanna congratz you. People should take it ease in such competitions. No worries!! B)

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Fabian said…

    Congratulation!

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Su Zen said…

    we are enemies from now on. stupid math pros. i hate them lol jkjk. congratulations

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger Tiuniasing said…

    Congrats Dude!! By the way, I'm from SMK Yu Hua!! LOL...
    Good post!!

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger vivian said…

    Hey congrats!

    Btw, always remember that overconfidence is dangerous. Never be cocky.

    You're better than 99% Add Maths achiever! *envy*

     
  • At 12:11 AM, Blogger kiasi said…

    bugz : Thanks. Next time? No need lah. Now got computer already mah.

    msau : Si Kembang? Will go there soon.

    jacking : Yupp! Same opinion too. Let them take the pride lah.

    joez : Thanks. Maths is either you master in it, or you fail in it. Sometimes I also can't teach people how equations work. It is pretty difficult to explain. If numbers give you headache, then translate first. Example: one plus one is two. :p

    Milly : Thanks. I know there are many clever people outside there, trying to use bridges to success. mango not as clever as them wan :p

    CLF : Thanks. I wonder why people are more kiasi as me, can't afford to lose in a competition.

    fabian : thanks.

    Su Zen : You hate them? Then I make sure I'll make you love them. :pbpbpbpb

    tiuniasing : Thanks. You Yu Hua? Hoiyoh!!! Yu Hua demn good lah. *polish shoe*

    vivian : Thanks. I've been overconfident before this. Therefore, I told myself, "Take things easily." The higher he hope, the more frustrated you'll get. but I don't think so I'm clever than him. Maybe this time is just luck only gua.

     
  • At 12:27 AM, Blogger 5xmom ~chanlilian.net~ said…

    Add Maths? Bleargh! I always get 0. During Add Maths lesson, I organise spot checks (prefect mah). Take report card time, I add a 1 in front of 0 so my brother cannot smack me. hahaha. Until now, I still dunno what is dy/dx. The first chapter in Form Four I already tak boleh masuk otak liao.

    But hor, Mr. Kiasi, this posting is very good leh. Got good moral. Even I myself also learnt the moral of the story. Don't show pandai, don't over confidence. Shiok sendiri enough liao

     
  • At 1:35 AM, Blogger invisible sheen said…

    wow, congrats!
    did u shout "in ur face" to that "king"? haha..

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger andycjw said…

    the post smells very 'kembang'...
    congrats to you

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger kiasi said…

    5xMom : Add Maths? I was complained by my teacher for not being pay attention in class. But yet, dunno why still produce such result. You add 0 to make your add math's result looks 10%? 10% enough meh?

    hollow sheen : Shout? He shouted at me first :p

    andycjw : This post do smell kembang. but in order not to make it smell 100% kembang, I added some moral values in. Hehehe...

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
    » » »

     
  • At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice site!
    [url=http://acjxvawq.com/zzoa/taie.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://gvoomzco.com/jnnu/zujw.html]Cool site[/url]

     
  • At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you!
    http://acjxvawq.com/zzoa/taie.html | http://vfdgzkgq.com/ruzf/inag.html

     
  • At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a great site
    » »

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 2:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP film editing classes

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excellent, love it! » » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home