Kiasi aka Kiasi-ism

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Gallery

I'll usually take out my last year school magazines to have a view throught. I like to see what is the content inside. But one thing I will go after it, the gallery. And I'll only hunt for the last year's school gallery. For those who don't know what is school gallery, it is a special column for every class to do their graphic and designing and paste their class members' pictures on that page.

I like the gallery part. This is a special column where this is the only column with colour pages among the whole magazine. I can see people with their true colours, can see their faces clearly...... Especially when I see my DG (Dream Girl). Her smile on her face, really chun lah...

But now, with the high technology, I don't know wh ythey still want to make that stupid gallery.
Each page RM150 (colourful wan lah). And then this year, our class is ordering 2 pages. 2*RM150 = RM300. RM300/26 students = RM11.54. One student has to pay RM11.54, and there are just only a few pictures and heads inside the 2 pages. What do I get actually? Further more, I leave a bad impression among my classmates; and this school also left a bad impression to me. So, what for pay for the gallery page?

I told my class monitor. So easy. Just get a website, or a domain, pay RM35 per year, and then you can decorate what you like. Don't need to worry about the storage system. 1 GB is more than enough. WTH want to pay so expensive for that 2 pages of gallery? Or if can't afford, just get a free webhosting loh, like typepad or blgspot lah. The most we just leave our URL in a small column at another page of the school magazine. So easy.

And one thing I don't really like about the gallery is, those designers think that they are demn good lidat. They go and cut those people faces and do some photoshopping and editting and then fooling their looks. Attached beards lah, moustached lah. And then the boys will be posing the same old post while taking the camera shots. They'll poss their James Bond pose. Every year also James Bond pose, every class also James bind pose. Every boys also James Bond pose. Not sien wan meh? Whereas the girls pulak, will pose their 'V' shape post, with the index finger points at their chin, and the n one leg skipped up. Those posing hor, I tell you, all almost the same also. And then seems not natural summore. Why all studenst lidat wan. that's why I hate phtographing.

Until now I still don't understand the meaning of the gallery. Some people say is for the 'last year' memory. But for me, I don't have any good memory in this year. I won't want to show my kiasi's face on the school magazine. I want my money back!!!

11 Comments:

  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger CLF said…

    Ehehehe....

    Show ur middle finger and get it published in the gallery. That'll makes u "popular". XD

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger andycjw said…

    that's what i suggested to my class last time when i was last year in high school, and really did a website with a .com domain name, with collaborated blog, gallery, all the fancy fancy stuff, even got streaming video, and recorded sounds message of everyone, but it only lasted for one year. The problem is just too bad that not all people are tech-savvy one. glad we still did our paper version of school magazine, with color gallery.

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Fabian said…

    I think school magazine is not a need anymore la... everything is internet ma... free and simple.

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger Milly said…

    hahah...!! ei.. i tot just form 6 n form6 can have the special colourful column?? haha...

    last year my class page is under my ddesign 1..very ncie ler.. n my picture there very nice...

    hhe..gal alwyas liek to pose wif v...hehe..i oso dunoe wy.

     
  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger emotionalistic said…

    Hehe...none of the girls did the V pose during my secondary school days. The trend just started recently and guess they are influenced by the girls they saw on TV!!!

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger vivian said…

    Not all student are computer literates mah. My friend don't even know WTH is Google. SO how do those ppl visit the website?

    Other than the 'V' shape post, how else can those gals post?

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger 5xmom ~chanlilian.net~ said…

    Hahaha, those girls pose. Really Ah-Lianish leh but that's what everyone do. Your idea is good lor, do it online. Or burn CD. Cheaper wut.

     
  • At 12:13 AM, Blogger kiasi said…

    CLF : The sign too popular liao.

    andycjw : Me thinks websites are still better and cheaper than school galerries mah. At least can create a free website for our class.

    fabian : School magazine? If not because of my XXX's photos, I wouldn't have keep it under my bed.

    Milly : Yes, special colourful column. But $$$ is the problem.

    Emotionalistic : I think the TV girls follows them gua :p

    Vivian : If those people dunno what GOOGLE is, and they can just pay $300 for the gallery, why don't they take these money to learn some computer skills leh?? Like what 5xMom said, burn CD, cheaper.

    About the posing, they can pose something natural mah. Or just some candid shots will do.

    5xMom : Yaloh, cheaper. But no choice. Everywhere is sucking money now. Our school also sucking. The call us to buy the page, so that they can earn some money. ANd we purposely dowan to let them earn. At last, those morons dowan to listen to our suggestion, they forced us to buy the gallery. Wait I'll show you our gallery sampel. 'Lousy' is the word.

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger torpor said…

    last year my class made a CD. so the school magazine, just fu-yan only. lol

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Enjoyed a lot! »

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    best regards, nice info » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home