Kiasi aka Kiasi-ism

Monday, July 11, 2005

Teenagers! Oh Teenagers!!!

Four years ago, during September, there was school holidays for one whole week. The SEA games were held at Kuala Lumpur at that moment. Malaysians were hoo-haa-ing around. They were proud the be the host. Certainly this event won't affect and attract me much.

On a sudden day, I think it is a Tuesday, the 11th of September 2001, terrorists striked America. Thousands were killed in the tragedy. WTC collapsed. Pentagon was stiked at one of its side. The whole world was stunned. Not many (besides the terrorists) expected that. Moments after the disaster, news were spreaded to the whole world within minutes. The tragedy marked a milestone in the history path.

After the one-week school holiday, students were back to school. Nothing happened. they were cheering around. Neither Chinese, nor Malay, neither boys, nor girls showed their sympathy towards the 911 victim. they were cheering around not because of the 911, but the victory of the Malaysia in the SEA Games. Shite!!!

I wonder why teenagers are not sensitive towards the international news? I think not only International news lah, even they also don't know about news that happen in Malaysia. They don't know who is Osama bin Laden, they don't know who is Yassir Arafat, they don't know who is Mohammad Atta also (I bet most of you don't know this guy, right?). It is a pathetic case.

Maybe we were too young to expose to such news, because we are only 13 (Form 1) at that moment. An I'm the only one who understand thosenews, acting like Jeff Ooi. But now, we are in Form 5, and yet, stil no improvement for this. I wonder why?

Students nowadays don't talk about news. they don't even bother about news around us. They only know what is McGregor, Jay Chou, Stephanie Sun...... Just a week ago, the London blast occured, killing 50 over, and yet, until today, no one mentions about a single London in our school. When we talk about that, no one knows it, nor they don't wish to know. Don't say so far lah, even the NKVE bridge also don't be bothered by them. They can still asked me somemroe, "What is NKVE ah? A new artist?" Shite!!! Artist? Artist's feet lah.

I was fully doubt with them. I wonder when can the teenagers grow up. I wonder when can they be merchuat. I wonder what are these leaders-to-be will lead. I was saddened by such scene. Anyone can tell me teenagers aren't like that?

14 Comments:

  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Young Brat said…

    i agree wit u..nowadays, skol teen duno about the world news. lucky i'm not that out-dated..during my f5 times, i'm not that good at world news la..at least i stil know wat is happening in m'sia..

    WTF lo, ur fren. NKVE aso duno..where he stay?! Kg Bawah Tempurung ar?!

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger NSDS3HvLDjJd said…

    Apathy. When disaster strikes home, then they will feel the pain and suffering. When tsunami hit our country the other day, the bastards joked about it. The same for SARS, JE, bird flu et cetera.

    One of the reasons why I talk more to foreigners rather than my countrymen on the Net.

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger CLF said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:58 AM, Blogger 5xmom ~chanlilian.net~ said…

    You make me very nervous liao. How to bring up my kids to be Jeff Ooi wannabe like you ha? Must ask your parents liao. NKVE - New artist? LOL!

     
  • At 3:29 AM, Blogger andycjw said…

    Mohammad Atta is just too much la! i admit it took me a while to remember who this fella is. One brain can only fill this much. They fill it with those artistes name, and you filled it with terrorists name, i bet you don't know so much artistes name and news compared to them, right? I think at least at our generation, if compared to our parents generation and before, we have a better world view than them, when both are at teen age, don't you think? things must improve gradually one mah, not everyone can take quantum leap like mr.kiasi one.

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger matakecil said…

    haha, mrkiasi. good observation there. but frankly, some students do care and know about what happened around them, just like you. and i respect that very much. apathy is the word. but sooner or later, each one of them will come to a realisation. sooner or later. thanks for sharing :)

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger kiasi said…

    bugz : Oh... I think at this age, we should AT LEAST know the local news lah. Like Michael Soosai, Tsunami, Beh Sook Chin...... It is good to gain knowledge mah.

    NSDS3H : Oh ya. the tsunami thing reminds me something. The tsunami was happened on 26th of December 2004, but that time was also school holiday. But some of my stupid classmates hor, they don't even know this happened until our English teacher called us to write a composision about it on 7th of January 2005. Really frog below the well lah.

    CLF : But there is also good to have these ass-holes. At least we can compare with them and say we are still very UPDATE loh.

    5xMom : How? Oh... bring them out to mamak stall and chat with those adults loh. My daddy use to train me that until now.

    But hor, NKVE really macam artist name for them mah. Like N'Sync ah, SHE ah, 5566 ah, F4 ah... all mostly the same name wan mah.

    andycjw : Ya, I admit that Mohammad Atta is just too much lah. No one will remember him. But really loh, if I like an artist, I won't follow him/her like hell wan loh. I won't spend my time and money SPECIALLY for their autograph ah, T-Shirt ah, posters ah...... I was trained by my parents by such way gua. So, I think there is a difference at here.

    matakecil : Thanks for dropping by.

    i blogged about this, because I really buey-ta-han with those teenagers liao. I think it is not a responsible to know these issues, but I will take it more to leisure. Not many know how to take it. Different people got different interest mah.

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger dylan86 said…

    At that time I was in form3, we all symphatized with the victims, but I would still blame the school authorities for their lack of commitment to show the younger student what emphaty and symphaty means. Today ask a question about Malaysian and almost 9 out of 10 school going children will not know it, because our system now is all geared to produce high achievers. Today's school is like a factory which targets at producing high achievers. Our whole education system needs to be revamped. Until then, school is a text book inclined area, where only text books rule.

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    On the other hand, most of them know the latest hollywood gossip, can list you the top 10 songs and who was voted out from Malaysian idol. We are creating geniuses

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger kiasi said…

    dylan : Thanks for dropping by. Certainly I feel that school plays an important role in this. Ther only emphasize on those 'outdated' textbook, and only produce the 'knowledgeless' achievers. But now students also don't emphzsize on text books. They emphasize on reference books.

    adam : I think goosips are the new world of trend knowledge now. Cannot afford to left out.

     
  • At 4:05 AM, Anonymous mothers said…

    Hello kiasi,

    After reading your blog "this post", I believe you will find the acne information on my site about Cause of Adult Acne to be very helpful.

    To give you an idea of our wide range, some of the recent searches that found our site included ...

    Clear Acne
    Home Remedy For Acne
    How To Get Rid of Acne
    Natural Acne Treatment
    Skin Care Acne Cosmetic
    Baby Acne
    Cystic Acne
    Acne Vulgaris
    Acne Riosacea.

    We have hundreds of "must read" articles on acne and skin care topics in our Best Acne Treatment site.

    Kind Regards

     
  • At 5:58 AM, Anonymous pop-folk said…

    Hi kiasi,

    I came across this free promotional offer and thought it would be a great idea to share it with anyone who wanted Free Mp3 Music. Claim your 500 free music downloads with this special promotional campaign. To see if you qualify for Free Mp3 Music is extremely quick and easy ... simply key in your zip code (Yeah, that's all!), when requested. Give it a try ... you have nothing to loose, but stand to gain 500 free music downloads from Napster, iTunes or Yahoo Music!

    Happy Listening

    Emma

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home