Kiasi aka Kiasi-ism

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Why Study?

The more you study, the more you know;
The more you know, the more you remember;
The more you remember, the more you forget;
The more you forget, the less you know.
So why study?
I realize many university graduates are searching jobs everywhere. From Jalan Riong to Lorong Haji Taib Jalan Kuching, ups and downs, just for interviews. Thinking the world is so difficult, I can just ask myself, "Even graduates can't get a job, what will happen to me in the future?".
I walked along pasar malam. Graduates can be found everywhere. Selling jagung (maize), selling sushi, selling tau-huey... Those situations, until I saw by my own eyes, an SYT was reading her college (I think so) text book while selling ear-rings. Is the world so competitive? Obviously, I don't encourage this SYT to jual badan lah. But I wonder why they can't get a good job.
I start to understand? Study doesn't really help us? My cousin (1 year elder than me) who was lefted out from a school, followed his friends to work at Mentakab. Not to say I underestimate him, but I was his tutor once before. I taught him English a few years ago during the 2-months school holiday. I can see he is stupid can't cope quite well. Until now, he can't even speak a proper English sentence. And now, he works in a workshop at somewhere, earns a living by himself. His monthly paid was almost RM1k. I mean, RM1k is still good as in a countryside area. His boss praised his hardwork and intelligence, saying that he learns and does things fast.
Another few examples, Bill Gates is a university dropout too. Uncle Lim is a dropout too. Warren Buffet plays shares where he uses his own ways. He don't even need to know what is amplitudes or resonance. Those richmen, usually businessmen, they dare to take the risk and being one of the successful leaders and people in the world. Once again, I wonder why am I study so hard?
Another question, do we really apply the things we study in our life? Do we measure and calculate the velocity of a car on a road? Do we use a thermometer to measure the temperature of a liquid?
My daily routine starts. Wake up, brush teeth, bathe, go to school, penaltilized, caned by discipline teachers, sleep in the class, procrastinating, come back from school. I don't even bother to what teachers are talking, because they are repeating the whole text in the text book. I also can read at home mah. What for so susah susah, go to school and get myself into troubles? I start to dream. but now, I know I have to wake up. I have to study for my SPM.

14 Comments:

  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Young Brat said…

    yes..u r right..wat u study at skol or uni not 100% utilize in work..

    I can say, wat u study is jus provide the foundation. The other u only learn it wen u start to work.

    as old saying, foundation is the most important thing. Anything mus start frm base.

    so, skol does have its 'usefulness' too

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger Jason said…

    You will score good enough in SPM as long as you understand the concept. I didn't study my maths, add maths, physics, chemistry and english and yet still got A1. :) Once you understand, you can skip studying it. ;)

    No, we only use about 10-20% of what we learn in school and university. So, I also have no idea why we study so much.

     
  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger NSDS3HvLDjJd said…

    To make our path easier. Your cousin might get 1k per month, but at what cost? In most cases, a higher 'stuff' will earn you a higher salary.

    Of course, not to say that those without high education can't succeed. Just that it's harder without determination.

     
  • At 1:55 AM, Blogger Tiuniasing said…

    dude, knowledge is an added advantage for you to build up your career. I wouldn't say you cannot have bright future without knowledge, and who knows you are lucky enough as if Bill Gates and Uncle Lim. But, what if you are not lucky enough?? Do you know that how many of them who wanted to become someone like Uncle Lim, and now sleeping under the bridge??

     
  • At 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Studying is important..! the piece of graduation paper is very light.. but it weighs ALOT..!
    It does give you the advantage .. to tell you the truth..!
    MrsT

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Milly said…

    erm..kiasi ar... got 1 thing for ur routine daily life...is to morning call me up ler... kekeke....!! haha

    erm..actually depends on the skul teacher..if u found a good teacher then u untung lor..if not then really waste ur time... hahah...

    dont worry lar...!! since u r so smart n clever guy(neh, that lady said 1 wor) u can score well 1...more better than jason...ekke

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger 5xmom ~chanlilian.net~ said…

    Chewah, you write like King Solomon wor. Who is King Solomon? Check out Ecc. What is Ecc? Look in the Bible.

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger kiasi said…

    *** Update: So far, I think the society makes the best university. From what we learn to how do we socialize well......

    bugz : Maybe foundation is the basic things we learn in school. But I think not just being 'bertanggungjawab ialah kesanggupan memikul tugas serta melaksanakan dengan sempurna'.

    Jason : Certainly, I think we study just to show off the stupid we really STUDY alot.

    NSDS3H : Sometimes, hardworking people also being unlucky to get themselves a good job too.

    tiuniasing : Maybe lucks affect 50% too.

    Anonymous : It does weight a lot. And I think people rush for it just because of getting a good job.

    Milly : Wake you up? My daily routine? You think I'm your Ann Ann kah? Hahahaha... call your Ann Ann to do that lah. I don't know the teachers are good or not. Come, also kena caned, don't come kena saceked from school. I'm not as smart as you think.

    5xMom : Solomon? Of course I know. The wise man mah.

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger 5xmom ~chanlilian.net~ said…

    Wah...you know Solomon, Wise Mr Kiasi lor. I baru reading 'cos it is part of my 'Every Day with Jesus' daily devotional. This July/August readings "When Nothing Seems to Make Sense"

    "Laughter," I said, "is foolish. And what does pleasure accomplish?" (Ecc. 2:2) (King Solomon said, not 5xmom say ok?)

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Carryn said…

    why study?
    hmm.. ok,let see. Me an engineer

    round 1 : interview
    - u need to speak english
    - pple asked u wat u know
    - its ok if u dont know anything, but they want to see ur degree or master.
    - u can only naik pangkat if u got higher qualification ah.
    - ur salary definitely base on ur level.


    round 2 :
    at first, u dont know anything, have to learn from begining and even secondary technician better than u. But
    - u learned thing faster and understand faster than them.
    - everthing like familiar to u but u dunno, but somehow later u will know.
    - atleast pple say thing or having meeting, u can catch up wat they mean and not that blur
    - and u will feel more confident to jump to another company if u got experience and together with u cert.
    - pple atleast talk to u with respect coz somehow u are a graduate.
    - pple just care about themselves and we really need to back up ourselves wif some knowledge..if not, u try ask other wat will happen.

    future :
    - u know wat is good for ur children
    - atleast u got chance to change the living condition to the better for ur children. the chances is higher.
    - u want ur child study high high..u need to study high also and know how to guide and teach them.
    - atleast u make urself and ur family proud.
    - more secure dont u think? degree and master mean nothing in future. maybe need phd.. but no degree, master, how go phd?

    the most important thing for me is, with knowledge, u can contribute to the pple who cant read and write, the purpose of education is to serve and help the one who have no chance to study and gain knowledge.

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger kiasi said…

    5xMom : Not to say kiasi is fully wise lah. I got a KJV Bible, but very difficult to understand lah. So can say half hanged.

    carryn : I think, with knowledge is still better than without knowledge lah.

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Anonymous melvin.foong said…

    I also dint study hard. dint do my homework. everyday(almost) go swim in river instead of go school. Tee Hee

     
  • At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home