Kiasi aka Kiasi-ism

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I'm Too Soft

I think of one question. Am I too soft?

Soft, meaning 'not hard' (haiyah, don't think senget, okay?), don't have my own judgement, and can't even make a decision of myself.

Sometimes, I try not to offend people. Erm... or can I say, it is good to help people? I just don't wish to make people down by saying something which he/she doesn't like it, or just to reject or decline his/her request. Frankly speaking, I am a person who entertain people more than I entertain myself. I thought that maybe this is an action to gain more and more friends, but things go different.

I don't mind to say 'no' to anyone. So long as he/she is happy, I'm satisfy. I want love everybody like how they love me, but just forget about it. Now only I realized. I realized that I lost many things to fulfill their wishes. I think I lose more happiness instead of following my way, although teachers always teach us: Help people, and we'll be happy. I think the steps are totally being mixed up.

I find, I'm the very few 'kind people' around. I just try to satisfy my friend, but at last, I gain nothing. Take an example:

Teacher : "Wei, kiasi, can help me go to my table to take those books anot?"
Me : "OK, no problem." *went to the table* *brought books*

Friend : "Can teach me how to solve this equation ah?"
Me : "Can, no problem. This one, er..., dy dx. And then substitute these 2 figures inside... bla bla bla..."

Friend : "Can belanja me makan McD ah?"
Me : "No problem." *paid*

The last sitaution, I used my dad's money. I feel guilty to my dad. I don't wish to tell him. I don't wish to know I'm a lonely boy in my school. I still want to fulfill my dad's wish, hoping that he will think, "Wah, I got a very successful son hor. Can mix around with people..." Awh... just forget about it. What I do, is actually foolish for me.

Now, I have to slowly change myself. Not being bullied by my friend, I have to choose this way, try to say 'no'.



My Related Story's Link

9 Comments:

  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger emotionalistic said…

    I have friends like that too and they are always the target of bully. I always tell them that they need to learn how to say no even to the girls. So this time, I am saying it to you...."Learn how to say NO NO even to really pretty girls"....;P

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger Young Brat said…

    ermm..there is pro and con for tis. If u say u din gain anything at the end, u r wrong. Bcoz once u help ppl, ppl MIGHT help u back in return(who know u might need their help in future).

    U feel guilty bcoz using ur dad money to belanja ur fren.If evyday shud guilty but if once in a full moon OKla.

    U r not lonely coz blogsphere is here.

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Msau said…

    when we feel kenot tahan ppl around us, I think is the time to change ourself lor..coz impossible to change ppl mah..so better do it urself..hehe

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Su Zen said…

    i have the same problem as you. but i think that over time we'll learn how to say no kwa.. look at all those old people.. very mean and nasty lol jk.

    i think the best way is to say "i'll try but no promises"

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger invisible sheen said…

    hey...kiasi, u have to say no!!! if you dun want say no!!! but then i oso have a problem like dis too... jus hope to get more frens... hai...u can try saying "jin liang la..." almost the same as wat su zen said...

     
  • At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Increase Cash Flow said…

    Hi kiasi, taking a little time today to see what Help People will send me to that is interesting. this post looks interesting and is a great read. Will also try Help People in my e-travels. Have a super day!

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Relax At Home said…

    Hi kiasi, I am cruising the blogs looking for any information on People Helping People and landed here. Although this post is interesting and got my attention, I will add this knowledge to my storehouse of information. I never know where People Helping People will take me. Have a great day!

     
  • At 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! patent foot fetish Cellulite shopping

     

Post a Comment

<< Home