Kiasi aka Kiasi-ism

Saturday, August 06, 2005

PHI Number

I don't know why I can master in my maths. But indeed, I love Maths very much. Kacang only mah. And I often do research where other students don't. I just found out something informative.

I suppose those who has read the 'Da Vinci Code' authored by Dan Brown know a little informations about the PHI number. Yes, the 1.618, the beautiful number.

Basically, let me give you some basic info about the PHI number. The sequence goes in this way...

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 255......

which is the sum of the first number and the second number produces the third number (0+1 = 1). The sum of the second number with the third number produces the fourth number (1+1 = 2) and so on.

And when you take the second number divide by the first number, your answer is alsmost the same as 1.618. Take an example, 1/1 = 1, very close. 2/1 = 2, getting closer. 3/2 = 1.5, closer and closer. 5/3 1.667 closer and closer and closer, and so on......

The number 1.618 occurs at many places, like in music, animals, populations, body measurements, etc. Take an example which taken from the 'Da Vinci Code', the number of a female bees in a hive is 1.618 times more than the male bees in the same hive. How can such things happen? Er... GOK (God only knows).

For more information, kindly visit to this website. I have been reading it throughout the whole night.

16 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home