Kiasi aka Kiasi-ism

Friday, August 12, 2005

What Is Happiness?

Psalm 34
Of David. When he feigned insanity before
Abimelech, who drove him away, and he left.
1I will extol the LORD at all the times; His praise will always be on my lips.
2My soul will boast in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
3Glorify the LORD with me: let us exalt his name together.
4I sought the LORD, and He answered me: He delivered me from all my fears.
5Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.
6This poor man called, and the LORD heard him; He saved him out of all his troubles.
7The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and He delivers them.
8Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
9Fear the LORD, you His saints, for those who fear Him lack nothing.
10The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good
thing.
11Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
12Whoever of you loves life and desires to see many good days,
13keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies.
14Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.
15The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their
cry;
16the face of the LORD is against those who do evil, to cut off the memory of them from the earth.
17The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; He delivers them from all their
troubles.
18The LORD is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in
spirit.
19A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them
all;
20He protects all His bones, not one of them will be broken.
21Evil will slay the wicked; the foes of the righteous will be condemned.
22The LORD redeems His servants; no-one who takes refuge in Him will be
condemned.
I was forced invited to a 'hot-dog party' which was held by my those Christian friends. Before the 'hot-dog party' was held, we were having an 'ice-breaker' session, whereby everyone has to give out their opinion on certain topics. But that day, they gave us this passage, which was taken from Psalm 34, and they asked us a question, "What is happiness means to you?"
-
Without hesitation, I answered spontanously, "Stupid." Everybody laughed and seems like no one understnad my meaning. THey teased at me, saying, "Aiyah, you want to be stupid, then you become stupid by your own lah." I didn't feel anything, nor I feel being teased. In fact, I'm sure they don't know why I voiced out my 2 cents to them.
-
傻人有傻福 (Translation : Stupid people got stupid happiness). Yes, for what I think, this eally happens. Sometimes, I might got and sit the back corner of my class, seeing how people laughing among themselves, seeing people how happy are they, seeing people to act clowns and fooling the others, everything goes happy. No worry, and no difficulties. I want to get those life. I do jealous of them.
-
I feel a slightly special being same class with them. I knwo how to think, and the 'know-how-to-think' makes me dived into a down situation. I see those students, watching dramas and films everyday, praising those things that smells good to them; whereas, what about me? Thinking about what to blog everyday, how to finish up my post, when is the next increasement of the petrol, predict how Rafidah will be hantam-ed in the parliament, how will the government solve the haze problem...... It is good to do this, being a 'loyal' Malaysia citizen. But, the more I care about local issue, the more I worry. I am worrying about what Malaysia will be. I am worry what will the rakyat do, if the know some secrets which lie underneath the carpet. Haihz... look like we still don't know anything, and that's why we ar estill living in a happy environment.
-
Back there, sometimes I find that Malaysia bloglitics are also quite interesting. 'Secretly' flaming people around, posing some 'sore eye' pictures to show everyone, and gained hatred from others. It is quite funny I can say. Some people who don't know the fact will just take it as a joke, while those who know, will take it seriously, and feel uncomfortable about such situations. And yet, is stupid a happiness?
-
Yes, of course, I can get rid out of this question. I can be happy, by acting very stupid. I was flamed before because I am too clever, simply concerned about friend and flamed back by him. Am I happy with the result that being flamed? Of course no! Why? Because I am too clever. And in fact, I can say I ain't as happy as my other classmates, just because I know too much.
-
I can't get rid out of these. I was borned in a mature family background, which deals with local economics and stock market everyday. Everyday, economics were influenced by local businesses, businesses were influenced by local politics, politics were influenced by money... everything was linked together, no matter how. Everyday, in the kitchen having dinner, also will hear get those 'big shots' names. What Vincent Tan lah, Lim Kok Thye lah...... To get the whole vision, we have to master all of them. That's why there are many who told me before, "You are not a teenager." (I am not blowing my own trumpet, okay?)
-
I'm living in a reality world everyday, with worries around me. Although I'm not as happy as my other classmates, but I know, what my parents do is for my own good, by making me a mature boy.

13 Comments:

  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger pikey said…

    as the simple english saying goes, "ignorance is bliss"

     
  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger vivian said…

    Trust me, you can be mature and happy. It just takes a bit more maturism to understand how to be happy always :)

    Worries are good to make you stay alert. Maturism helps you cope with the worries, and therefore stay happy.

     
  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger 5xmom ~chanlilian.net~ said…

    You are talking like King Solomon again. I am following the 'Every Day with Jesus' - When Nothing seems to make sense and King Solomon said - it is easier to be stupid. So, don't worry, be stupid. But with your own defination.

     
  • At 2:21 AM, Blogger Su Zen said…

    i'm glad i'm stupid ='''D

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Jacking said…

    Mr Kiasi, Happiness is how we perceive it. Happiness to one may be a sadness to another. At the end, still have to strive to be happy with yourself.

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Milly said…

    erm...erm....here milly leave some comment...!! actually i got nth to say bout it when u tell me happiness is stupid...!! maybe for ur point of view that is...!!

    is good to be a mature guy..but sumtime somehow, mature guy is not good ler...!! learn how to "fang shong zhi ru". depends on the situation.....

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well done!
    [url=http://pdlgzjvi.com/frph/xlqg.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://tlkdjjdc.com/oujb/gcnt.html]Cool site[/url]

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great work!
    My homepage | Please visit

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice site!
    http://pdlgzjvi.com/frph/xlqg.html | http://zqqwlsqi.com/oeyk/fbiw.html

     
  • At 3:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »

     
  • At 4:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is very interesting site... »

     
  • At 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a great site » » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home