Kiasi aka Kiasi-ism

Thursday, October 27, 2005

English Name

I'm living this world without my English name (or some would like to call it as "Christian name"). I am satisfy with my 3-character Chinese, as it sounds lovely and adorable. Hence, people who knows me in real life will only call out my Chinese name.

Once, the ZZZZZZ Institution (one English Institutioj) came to my school to preach people to their institution. They gave a talk, and one of my Chinese friends (neither his English, nor his Mandarin is good) felt annoyed. Thus, he went in front of the speecher and said with Bruce Lee's style, "我们中国人,黄皮肤,黑头发,要学就学华语.千万不可以学英语. (We are the Chinese, with yellow skin, and black hair. Want to learn, learn Chinese, don't learn English.)" and left the place. Obviously, the speecher was pissed off by his words.

Yesterday, I went to my Christian friend's house, and her mother gave me an English name. I felt hard to resist it as I just wanted to fulfill her wish. She gave me an English name called - Jullian.

Nice?

7 Comments:

  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Milly said…

    wahhha...!!

    hey jullian...!! i can say it is not nice lar...!! not suite u lar...

    but hor, stil boleh tahan lar.... whaha...

    what to do...ppl give a name for u wor...

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger Jason said…

    At least not Juliana or Julia wei...

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger CLF said…

    朱丽安

    LOL!!!

     
  • At 1:59 AM, Blogger pikey said…

    isnt ur english name called alphonso?

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger Su Zen said…

    ahm lol how come she simply give u nameee

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Young Brat said…

    haha..u really look like jullian meh?! hhmm..then u shud tell her

    我们中国人,黄皮肤,黑头发,用华语.千万不可用英语

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger venus said…

    juliana :)
    julian is the boy form of Juliana :)
    so nice, the name's perfect!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home